Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beautiful Little Nuggets

John Yax ended our yoga class this afternoon with this thought...

"How much of our day do we miss because our mind has shifted someplace else? Stay focused in the present and realize that there are no ordinary moments. There is magic in every moment. Every moment is a miracle."

I haven't been able to get this out of my mind. This isn't the first time I have heard this. John as well as his brother Chris have dropped that little nugget on us in past classes in some form or another. Like most big things though, it takes hearing them a few times for them to click into place for me...to really get it. Today was that day for me. It was the phrasing of it....'How much of our day do we miss'....I don't know about you but I don't want to miss anything. Life seems so big sometimes until you distill it down to individual moments? Then it is more precious...easier to absorb. We think on such a grand scale most of the time that we make it so hard for ourselves to notice the magic.

I think that is my work...to notice...to not 'lean into the next moment' (another Hot House nugget) but be acutely aware of the magic, the miracle happening in every extraordinary moment of every day.

Ahhhhhh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment