Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shooting Star...

Last night, Corey and I went to a Christmas party at the home of some very good friends. We were standing outside around midnight looking up at the sky when a brilliant bright star went shooting across the sky. It wasn't one of those shooting stars that you aren't quite sure when it is over that it really was a shooting star at all. This was big, bright and amazing. This shooting star was very sure of itself.
When we came home (around 1am), I checked in on my Facebook page to find one of my high school friends, Deonne, writing about the shooting star that she had seen in Chattanooga just before midnight. She was talking about how bright and beautiful it was. We started chatting about it and decided that her star and mine had to be the same. We wanted it to be the same one I think. So from Virginia Beach to Chattanooga, one big sky, one beautiful shooting star. We are truly all connected.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written Marianne and so true! I will never forget "our" star!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete