Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Light...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in my application process for the Buyer's Market of American Craft in Philly. It is a fairly intense process that has felt very daunting to me at times. Fortunately I have a lot of support so whether or not I make it there this time or not, it will be alright. This is a phenomenal show...one I have been to for several years now as a buyer for Simply Selma's. I buy all the jewelry for the store and have recently branched out to buying for the entire store as well. Of all the shows that I have attended, Philly is the one that would best seem to suit what I do. I have met some incredibly talented and wonderfully kind people who have been very helpful in this precess like this girl and this one as well. Those who know me know that I don't hear "NO" very easily but I feel very centered and determined regarding this show so if they tell me "NO" this time, they should know that it will only make me more persistent.

Here is one of my heroes that is present at many of the shows I attend...



As you can see I have a problem:


















Which is only a problem in the sense that I need to branch out in my color pallette of Alexis Bittar AND get a bigger bowl to keep in in. I'll keep posting on my progress in my quest for a
10' x 10' section of floor in Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment